Monday, December 15, 2014

Elephant Engagement

Good Morning! 
It occurred to me that through all the excitement...I forgot to make a blog about my engagement! Oops!

 When it happened
Saturday, November 08, 2014

How we got engaged

On Nov. 8th we were planning to go up to my parents’ house...or so I thought. Instead we went south. After a while we made a circle ending up in Gilroy. Craig of course wouldn't say anything about our obvious detour. There are only a few places I know in the Monterey/Gilroy area so I was quickly blindfolded. We drove for a bit and then the engine stopped and Craig took off the blindfold revealing an adorable bungalow at the Monterey Vision Quest/Wild Animal Park. We had visited before, just for a tour about the animals and facility. I really loved the huge elephants and zebra.
I knew something was up...but I wasn't 100% sure…so I decided to go with the flow! LOL! We spent time in the bungalow and then ventured out to meet a few of the Zoo animals and to feed the elephants carrots for their bed time ritual.
I thought maybe he would propose at dinner, instead he surprised me during the elephant bedtime, proposing in front of Butch the 10 thousand pound bull elephant. It was so perfect. Trainers brought me a little gift basket and card, and as I was reading, beside me Craig knelt on one knee. I was so nervous and really didn’t know what to do, besides say YES!
Here is a short video capturing the proposal! 


Fun fact: Craig asked if he could have Butch hand me the ring…but apparently in the past he had eaten two rings and they only got one back. So that was not an option.
The Monterey Wild Animal Park takes care of animals that need help and a better life. Often they used to preform and are retired. Staff spend lots of time creating a fulfilling life and forever home for them. I love seeing them flourish! Thank you Craig for creating this beautiful memory!

Here is what I posted on FB:

"Woke up this morning in a lovely bungalow and with a beautiful new ring...is this real? The Monterey Wild Animal Park takes care of animals that need help and a better life. Often they used to preform and are retired. Staff spend lots of time creating a fulfilling life and forever home for them. I love seeing them flourish! Thank you Craig for creating this beautiful memory!"
 — feeling excited with Craig Murray at Vision Quest Safari Bed&Breakfast.

Please visit our wedding website at: http://murray-and-hull.ourwedding.com

Thanks for sharing this moment with me! 
-Bunny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin