Monday, July 24, 2017

GOT Modern Blueberry Tart

Game of Thrones is Back!
The race for the throne is back this month and I couldn't be happier! To celebrate I made a Modern Blueberry Tart from the A Feast of Ice and Fire Cookbook! Perfect for those tense yet sweet moments GOT brings. 
This tart was super easy but there is also an option to make a Medieval Tart which I will try in the future he he! I started by preheating the oven to 375 degrees and got out some pastry dough. The book recommends their Lemon Pastry Recipe from page 10. Yum! I pressed the dough into a tart tin evenly. Next, after rinsing them off I poured my blueberries into the tin, leaving a few for later. 
Then I sprinkled the cinnamon sugar evenly over the top of the berries and popped them into the oven. After about an hour (or once the filing started bubbling) I took out the tart and topped it off with the remaining berries and some powdered sugar. 
Once the tart cooled a bit it was ready to serve! This made for a very happy viewing party ha ha! Scrumptiously tart with a lightly sweet flavor. As the book suggests, it pairs well with some champagne! he he
Cheers, Bunny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin