Thursday, September 14, 2017

Outlander Apple Fritters

Outlander is BACK! 
We waited for what seemed like hundreds of years for Claire and Jamie to come back to us. To celebrate I opened up my Outlander Kitchen Cookbook courtesy of Theresa Carle-Sanders and whipped up some whisky soaked apple fritters. 
To start mix together:
1/4 cup whiskey
1/4 cup whole milk 
2 tablespoons lemon juice
Zest from one lemon 
1/4 cup of sugar 
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp ground ginger 
A sweet whiskey lemon flavor filled the kitchen as I whisked letting me know, already, that these were going to be delicious. Next peel and cut up about 3 Gala apples into cubes and add them to the mixture to soak. I let them absorb every bit of goodness for 30 mins then drained the apples, saving the marinade into a bowl for later.
Next, making the pancake-like batter! 
In a bowl stir together:
1 cup flour 
1 1/2 tsp baking powder 
1 tsp cinnamon 
1 tsp salt 
Then whisk in both eggs, 1 tablespoon melted butter and half of the remaining marinade juice. Fold in the apples, making sure to coat every piece, and you are ready to cook!
Heat up a few inches of oil in a sauce pan, on high heat, and drop in spoonfuls of batter. Don't crowd the pan and fry until each side is golden brown. Once cooked, remove and drain on a paper towel. While still warm, serve with sprinkled powdered sugar. Voila! Perfect bites or yummy.
 As the Scottish melody opened the new season I took my first bite of fritter heaven. Dusted with some powdered sugar they came to life inside my mouth and I couldn't get enough. Such a savory and sweet combination. I will have to make these again! Thank you Outlander for coming back to us and Theresa for making such an amazing recipe.
Thanks for readin! 
-Bunny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin