Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Aqua de Vida

I have found the key to everlasting life and it is Barre. 
Let me explain. Over the years... after my metabolism stopped at 25 :( I have been trying to get into better shape. Two things about me: I do not like working out and I rarely do anything for more than a few weeks. So I knew this wouldn't be an easy task. It was a little expensive, but they had a first-timer discount...so with a few clicks I signed up. With the added push that I had put money towards this, I decided to try out my first class that Saturday morning.

About Barre: Barre is a new workout fad with classes popping up all over Cali and girls(and a few select guys)stocking up on non-slip socks. Classes incorporate elements of ballet barre, yoga, strength training and Pilates. Plus everything is done to music, while they inspire us to push longer and leaner! Instructors also take notice of each girls movements, correcting form which is super helpful...especially for someone as uncoordinated as myself! 



As the class started I immediately felt out of shape but as it went on I learned more and more. It felt empowering. Each section of training pushes you to hold difficult poses and make micro movements. This made my legs burn...but just as I felt that I couldn't hold on for one more second, we would move on to another section. Wheeew!
We finished the class with long stretches and a few easy yoga moves. With the last "take a deep breath/letting the air out," a smile crept across my face. I liked Barre. It was difficult and my legs shook but I felt a tad like a ballerina, and it was worth it. 
The class I joined is located in Capitola and pretty close to my place...probably a BIG motivating factor. Both their studio and website are simple yet elegant. They are also celebrating their 3 month anniversary!Check it out: http://www.thebarrecapitola.com/
Now I have a special thing that I do, for myself. Today will be my 10th class. I still can't believe it LOL. Hopefully I keep this up and gain the sculpted lean body I want.
-Bunny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin