Tuesday, May 31, 2016

The Comte St. Germain’s Poison

Hello my darlings!
My second drink for Outlander is the
The Comte St. Germain’s Poison, basically a Gin Zesper,which was quite refreshing. Thank you Chef Theresa Carle-Sanders!
*Outlander Kitchen Photograph
I have always loved the smell of St. Germaine Liqueur, flowery and sweet, and the bottle that it comes in... so interesting and almost feels like an old relic from a time long past. Plus the name is perfect for our St. Germaine! What a great idea to create a drink inspired by the Comte. As the Outlander Kitchen says, "Poison never tasted so good!"
Simply take:
Gin – 1½ oz
St. Germaine Elderflower Liqueur – ½ to ¾ oz
Tonic – to taste
Ice and a Lemon Twist

*Jack waiting for his drink ha ha ha! He looks so pleased!
 Pour the gin and St. Germaine over ice into your glass then add the sparkling tonic and the lemon twist. Use as much of the tonic as you see fit. I found that the gin is a bit powerful so I needed some extra bubbles!
*Outlander Kitchen Photograph
*mommies little vampire

Adding in the lemon zest was a nice touch and I even squeezed a bit of the lemon into the drink. Like I said, this one was strong but refreshing. Wonderful for a sunny Saturday!

Cheers Outlander fans! Here's to a lovely season and even more lovely treats. Thanks for reading.
-Bunny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin