Monday, October 17, 2016

Liquified Ghost

Morning, 
Playing off a cocktail mix from a cute site, SmartyhadaParty: http://blog.smartyhadaparty.com/halloween-cocktails/  
I made a yumtastic drink fit for Halloween! So you all must know by now that Autumn is one of my favorite times of the year. The gloomy weather fit for sweaters and cocoa, the Gothic decor and around every single corner, pumpkin spice! The perfect time of year for Halloween themed drinks.
Moving away from pumpkin, I made a truly yummy Liquified Ghost! It was very close to a White Russian and sometimes drinks with dairy don't sit well with me but the hint of sparkle and lime agreed with my tummy. For some reason it added a zest or bubble that took away the possible "urk" ha ha!
Here is what you need:
1 part vodka
1 part vanilla simple syrup
1 part cream
1 part lemon lime soda

black licorice wheel garnish (optional)...we had some cute little licorice pieces that we added but they didn't really impact the drink at all. If you are a black licorice fan I definitely recommend adding it to the cocktail, maybe even dipping some in or using it as a straw!
Go ahead and pour ingredients over an ice shaker, shake and strain into a martini glass (I need to get myself a true martini glass...Marshals here I come!) and add the licorice.
For a more devious cocktail, add a red ice skull for a Blood Ghost. We found cute ice cube molds and added food coloring! Spooky!
Ps. Super happy with how my DIY Nightmare Before Christmas Wreath turned out!! Perfect for Halloween!!
Cheers, Bunny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin