Monday, October 3, 2016

Madeleines

Good Morning, 
So I lied! I ended up not making pie (yet) and went for some spongy-goodness in the form of madeleine! Besides their obvious yum factor I had been given a madeleine pan as a wedding gift (about time right!?) and every single morning my new boss comes into the office, sits down, and eats a madeleine. These were too perfect!
I found a simple recipe online and started putting my ingredients together. 
2/3 cup of flower
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon fleur de sel (salt)
1/3 cup sugar
Finely grated lemon zest (1 lemon)
2 eggs
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted (leave a little unmelted for the pan)
2 tablespoons whole milk
____________________________________________
Alright! Onward to deliciousness!
In a small bowl mix together the flour, baking powder and salt, set aside. Place the sugar and lemon zest in a bowl, mix and rub together with your fingertips until sugar becomes moist. This created such a fresh lemon scent!  
For convenience, I went ahead and placed the sugar zest into my big mixing bowl and then added the eggs, giving me a lot more room! Whisk the mixture until it thickens a bit. Next add the honey and vanilla. Gently add the flour in (in three parts) and then the butter. Lastly, carefully stir in the milk. The batter will begin to look smooth and shinyCover the bowl with plastic wrap and set in the fridge for about an hour. 
While you wait, butter and flower the madeleine pan. After the batter has properly chilled out, he he! spoon it into the pan and then set in the fridge for another hour. The batter will set into the molds and give it the classic madeleine shell shape! Set the oven to 400 degrees and place a large baking sheet inside for the madeleine pan to sit on. This helps to preheat the pan/process. 
Next, remove from fridge and place the madeleine pan into the oven and set your timer for 13 mins. I found that it really did not take long for them to bake, so be sure to check on them and to not leave them in too long!
After they have turned a lovely golden color (note: wait until the bumps spring back when touched), quickly remove the madeleines from the oven and release them from the pan. After a short cool-off dive in!
The madeleines were fluffy with a slight crispness on the edges. The lemon flavor was there, but not overpowering and on top of being simple to create they had the perfect amount of sweetness. Craig was pleased as well he he! So...here is another dessert that is dangerous to make, just like those pesky French macaroons! So so so yummy!!! I think I had 4 of them he he! 
Thank you for reading and stay tuned for my next creation. 
-Bunny
Ps. I brought some in for my boss, cheers Mark!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin