Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Smoky Seared Cod from Blue Apron

Hi There! 
Here is another Blue Apron meal that we really enjoyed. I love that they are able to send fish and other items without them spoiling. Even so we made sure to cook this one, with the cod, first and it turned out to be a great choice!
When I hear the word cod I don't immediately get excited ha ha! It's a bland white fish but that works well with the other ingredients and spices. Especially the shallot and dates. Like most BA meals, this took about 30 mins overall and was pretty easy to make. The bulk of the work was cooking the cod and roasting the potatoes after slicing them.
The overall flavor is light which I really liked. Each piece was evenly paired and the potatoes were heaven. God I love potatoes! The cod does also have a distinct smokiness as Blue Apron mentions, to go along with the Spanish-style sauce of dates and butter. I would love to have this again! 
Thanks, Bunny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin