Monday, April 27, 2020

TB: Reviver

Howdy my loves! 
How are you all doing during quarantine? This is such a weird and stressful time so I thought I'd get out my favorite cookbook and look for a cocktail. One drink caught my eye and seemed perfect, the Reviver. Plus we had all the ingredients. This one is 'from' Miss Holly Cleary the True Blood resident Wiccan. I love how she always keeps salt in her purse!
To start this cocktail you will need 1.5 ounces of Gin, Cointreau, Lillet Blanc and Lemon Juice. We happened to have gin and some white wine but for the Cointreau we had to use a bright blue orange liqueur. I was worried about how it would taste but it turned out to be just fine! On top of this mix you splash some Pernod, which is an anise flavored liqueur. Absinthe worked perfectly! 
Next add to a cocktail shaker filled with ice and give it a go! I was terrified of getting blue all over the place so I was a tad hesitant when shaking he he! Lastly I garnished with a sweet black cherry. If anyone know me, they know I love love love a good maraschino cherry!
VoilĂ , you have a yummy new cocktail to sip at home while you wonder what to do with your day. I asked Craig for his thoughts on this cocktail, he is my mixologist..."this Reviver is refreshing and complex in its nuanced flavor pallet giving a sharp taste of orange and a bite of anise. It's sweet yet strong enough to wake you up!" 
I couldn't have said it better myself. Perfect for #quarantine life!
Cheers, Bunny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin