Sunday, July 20, 2014

What a Jam-balaya

Hey y'all, 

This recipe kind of scared me at first...I have never cooked anything with so many ingredients but I was up for the challenge. 

First I started off by finishing my Dead on the Beach then began chopping up all the onions, pepper, celery, garlic and meats. I figured it would be easier to have everything I needed ready to go. Once the oil was nice and hot I added the pork, ham and sausage. You also add bacon fat (later on) and I found it funny that all these came from the same animal...but looked so different. 
After the meat is cooked, drain the oil, then add fat, onion, bell pepper, celery and garlic.  
Cook until soft, 8 to 10 minuets, then add broth, green onion, rice, tomatoes, parsley and bay leaves.


This jambalaya turned out GREAT! Really flavorful and hardy, perfect for a big family dinner. Delicious!




And of course here is me chasing Jack down to introduce him. He spent the entire cooking experience underfoot and then the moment I try to grab him he runs away LOL!



Bon Appetite! -Bunny and Jack

1 comment:

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin