Monday, March 23, 2015

Carol's Cookies

Good Morning and......Walking Dead!!!! 
Okay I had to get that out...he he. 
In honor of the Dead I made Carol's cookies.

 I found the recipe on the AMC webpage, check out the link HERE! 
The ingredients are very simple...considering that in a post-apocalyptic world you don't have the freshest materials available.
Starting with the shortening, apple sauce, brown sugar and white sugar. Mix until shortening is blended.
Next add in the baking powder, baking soda, flour, pinch of salt and vanilla. Mix well.

While you let the dough sit for about 5 mins, start melting the chocolate. Of course, being from California, I had to use some Ghirardelli chocolate.
Carefully melt the bar on low heat in a pan/pot. It will melt quickly so be sure to keep it "moving". It only takes a quick second for the chocolate to burn. 

Pour the chocolate over the dough and mix well. Then place dollops of dough onto a non-stick cookie sheet and bake for about 12 mins at 350. And ta-da! Let cool and serve. 
The cookies really turned out well. Using the apple sauce didn't take away from the overall flavor and mixing in the melted chocolate saturated the whole cookie. Mmmmmm chocolate!
They are a bit too molasses-y for my taste but that can be easily fixed by removing the brown sugar....maybe I have just had too much pecan pie lately! he he 
Now, while I look at the flowers, I can eat a yummy cookie! 
Thanks Carol and thank you for reading! -Bunny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin