Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Howdy!
For as long as I can remember my mom has always made corn-beef and cabbage for St. Patty's. So this year, I decided to give it a try.
 First I took the corn-beef and placed it in a stove-top safe pot/dutch oven and sprinkled the packet of seasoning over the beef (this comes in the corn-beef packaging). Over medium heat I cooked the beef until internal temp reached 150 degrees. 
About 50 mins/per pound.
Next I added in the potatoes. Be sure to cut them in half and add as many as you like. 
I decided to go with smaller red potatoes...my fav! 
Then I added half of a yellow onion (chopped) and some carrots. Cook until they are almost tender and then add in the cabbage(cut into wedges). With the cabbage there really wasn't too much room left so I placed some of it on top of the corn-beef. Once the lid is placed back on it helps to steam the cabbage.
Cook for about 15 mins. Remove from heat and let sit for another 15 mins, then it's ready to serve. 


Slice meat across the grain and add as much of the broth and veggies as you wish. 
This turned out really well...I know it is pretty simple but I always worry he he! 

Hopefully everyone at work will be glad to have some at our potluck today. It's green and traditional...two of the requirements he he. Thanks for reading!
YUM!! -Bunny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin