Thursday, June 11, 2015

Feminist Sandwich

Hey there!!

This week I realized that I have never made my fiance Craig a sandwich....in these almost 4 years together. 

I have mentioned before that I am not much of a cook but lately, thanks to this blog and True Blood passion, I have been expanding my skill set....yet why not the sandwich? They are so simple...how could someone get it wrong? 

Nothing was holding me back now: 
For this lovely first sandwich I toasted the bread and then put a thin layer of mayo and mustard. I added some warmed bacon, cheese, turkey, lettuce and tomato. 
For a little hint of sweet I added a few bread and butter pickles. What a good choice he he! Craig definitely loved it.

On a side note:
WTF feminist movement? 
These days there is such a push for gender equality the strain is almost too much...the overly feminist attitude is starting to make me feel bad about being a woman...and wanting to do womanly things.
 I would love everyone to be equal but holding on to some traditional things shouldn't be wrong.  
Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting "came out" saying she likes to make dinner for her husband and social media about died.
Kaley said "It makes me feel like a housewife; I love that. I know it sounds old-fashioned, but I like the idea of women taking care of their men." 
Why is this more traditional desire so cliche and looked down upon? Why can't a woman be proud to make a damn sandwich for her man? It is uniquely feminine and I am loving the warm vibe I feel after creating a masterpiece. Yes a masterpiece! he he 
SI say that the fact that I want to make meals for Craig is a positive thing. I am being my loving female self. It's also key to note that Craig doesn't expect me to wait on him, in fact he is always opening doors for me and making cocoa! 


He takes care of me, so why wouldn't I do the same?
Cheers, Bunny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin